Back to Forum
iOS13 adds support for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One S controllers
controller.wtf/stories/ios13-brings-support-for-playstation-4-and-xbox-one-s-controllers

31 Comments
Discussion

Got a question, feedback or recommendation?
Avg. response time: 20 - 30 minutes

@Jacob
November 2021
It works!

@thisleenoble
April 2020
Given the mandatory home confinement that's become popular of late and seeing as how I'd recently replaced the battery in my SE and I had a phone that now worked for longer than 10 minutes while unplugged, I coughed up for an Apple TV and a subscription to Arcade. We've got a PS3 and a Switch but no Bluetooth controllers compatible with the TV. I found several articles while looking for recommendations and had settled on the Horipad Ultimate as it wasn't a bank-breaking £50. Can't find one anywhere except one on ebay going for £80 form Japan. Turns out these things date from 2014 or something so are probably no longer manufactured. A further round of research, this time into MFi controllers, led me here. So no I'm settled on either the Steelseries Stratus or the GameSir M2. But they don't seem to exist anywhere. I'm highly resistant to lashing out £100 on some PS4 controllers so can anybody explain what's going on here? Why aren't there any controllers on the market at the moment? Is it a supply issue caused by The Event or a longer term issue of lack of interest from manufacturers?
REMAIN INDOORS.
Lee

@gingerbeardman
September 2019
I wonder why no Nintendo controllers? Do we think they objected to protect their brand?
@kanni staff
September 2019
I think that's exactly it. Imagine an iPhone with switch controllers attached on the sides. Would be better than the original switch (hardware and graphics wise, lol)
@integrusmedia
May 2020
I had a controller like this but it doesn't work anymore due to iOS 13.4 update. :-(

@TigusVaton
August 2019
Just a DOPE note for anyone getting the V2 of the PS4 controller:
It has both bluetooth and WIRED connection.
Which means less lag when putting in inputs.
(Also less radiation for those of you who care about that sort of thing )
Its not super noticeable but it just feels slightly faster.
ONLY WITH THE V2 VERSON(one that has the light bar on the front and back ) not the original.
@janoelze staff
August 2019
cool, thanks for the info!
@TigusVaton
August 2019
I forgot to mention something, you will need a USB port to do this. I’m currently using the USB3.0 Camera adapter by Apple (Official one ) its hooked up to a hub with my mouse and keyboard as well and still works great

@TigusVaton
August 2019
I just bought a new controller on amazon (Dual Shock 4) turns out Steel Series Stratus Duo doesn't have console support at all so it would never work on ios.
@kanni staff
August 2019
Aw bummer. Was hoping to get this one as well. Thanks for testing it dude!
@johannesbehr
August 2019
What ist "console support"? Is there a specific bluetooth standard which needs to be supported in iOS 13?
@kanni staff
August 2019
Yes, you will either have to get a ps4 or xbox 360 bluetooth controller OR a special certified mfi controller. check here for more:
https://controller.wtf/mfi-controllers
@johannesbehr
August 2019
I love my SteelSeries Nimbus but hate the reconnect process while switching between appleTV and Mac. Would love to use a real hardware switch like Steal Series Stratus Duo. I hoped to use 2.4Gz with the mac and bluetooth with the AppleTV.

@mi9cr9
July 2019
hi, thanks for the great website
I want to ask if anybody managed to get L3 and R3 buttons to work, also is fortnite crashing for everyone on beta or its just my old iPad?
@TigusVaton
July 2019

@WorKev
June 2019
What would people say is the best controller to use PS4 or Xbox One?
@kanni staff
June 2019
I'd say it comes down to personal preference. Both are high quality controllers. Go into a store, test both and see what feels better in your hands :)
@WorKev
June 2019
The PS4 controller is better imo
@kanni staff
July 2019
Personally, i prefer the xbox one :D what do you like better subout the ps4 one?

@koffeekushd
June 2019
Hi. I just discovered this website.

I got into the Ipad iOS beta on my Ipad 5gen. I feel like i’ve just bought a console now that I can use my ps4 controller. It’s kind of mind blowing. Nintendo needs to look out.
@lucaspericoburigo
July 2019
Same as me!! Have an Ipad 5th gen and just updated to IOS 13. Man... that iOS is going to be great. Going to buy GTA SA now!
@kanni staff
July 2019
How is the beta running for you? I've heard it's pretty buggy still!?
@lucaspericoburigo
July 2019
So far so good. Just some apps aren't running and some are running with some problems (like madden, the audio is not working).

The desk is okay, just a bit laggy when we activate that new thing (I thinks its called home) and swipe to another pages. But overall its okay so far.
@kanni staff
July 2019
Haha, welcome and enjoy the ride.

@tbhprotectnserve13
June 2019
Its crazy that they are finally doing this! Its a good shock to the system. I wanted to get the steel series Nimbus Duo controller ( which is an XBOX Controller ) So now I can use it for my iPad! Fall CANT COME ANY SOONER!!! (/O.O)/
@kanni staff
June 2019
HYPE

I was reading up on the nimbus duo earlier and was disappointed that it didnt have mfi support. I’d be amazing if it indeed will work wirh iOS o_o
@tbhprotectnserve13
June 2019
I felt the same way, going to get one in July, will let you all know if it works!
@kanni staff
June 2019
nice! thanks man!

@kanni staff
June 2019
It's absolutely insane Apple is doing this. This will change A LOT for iOS game developers. Suddenly the number of people that own controllers has increased dramatically. I'm very looking forward the changes this will bring. YAY!
@kyussuk
September 2019
Sorry to jump on this post but... apart from fortnite are there any mfi compatible battle Royale games on iOS or just straight out FPS games that are Mfi compatible?

Thanks
@kanni staff
September 2019
Not really a fps on mobile kinda guy unfortunately. we had a topic a couple of weeks back:
https://controller.wtf/forum/77a30eb/best-fps

Impressum  &  Datenschutzerklärung
Sign in
Get Started
Create an account to:
Sign in
Get Started